Monday 4 March 2013

THANKS!

Just a quick thank you to all for the many supportive messages I've received over the night here in Europe. I'm overwhelmed!

Means a lot to have support from friends, family and followers especially from NZ, the USA and here in Europe. You guys are the best.

Thrilled to have taken the first win of the season for Wiggle Honda and my first big UCI international win here in Europe at Belgium classic; Omloop Het Hageland. As mentioned after the race, I was pretty surprised!

Big cheers firstly to the Wiggle Honda girls who all rode themselves into the ground from start to finish. Very happy to be part of such a top team; these girls are great bike riders but also have top personalities and I'm very much looking forward to spending this season with this group.

To our staff; director Simon Cope, mechanic Adam Nordmeyer, soignier Kristof van Campenhout and Bart Hazen. These guys are very onto it and have given us the best support so far. Your assistance and advice has been great. Much appreciated.

To all team sponsors who have supplied the Wiggle's with the best equipment out - we're very lucky to have you all. Bike racing is absolutely about the hard work but having the best gear certainly helps so BIG THANKS!


 I am also very grateful to have kiwi support from back home - your help is very much appreciated. Thank you O.P.I (NZ), Nimue Skin Technology & Rocktape NZ.

Lastly thanks Rochelle Gilmore; Wiggle Honda team owner, manager and rider. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be part of this fantastic team and for having the faith in me to be up there. Looking forward to the season ahead with this great crew of people :)

Oh and can't  forget to mention top coach Tina Pic for teaching me how to sprint with the big guns - getting there ;)



Cheers!

Sprint finish - Photo Bart Hazen





























No comments:

Post a Comment